Setting up a free website
To have a website running you will need two different things:
- Domain name
- Hosting service
Most providers let you subscribe the two services at the same time. If we want to have a completely free system, we'll need to fowllow this procedure:
- Choose your domain name and hosting service providers. For the example, we'll use:
- Make sure that www.yourdomain.tk is not registered in www.dot.tk.
- Subscribe the free hosting service (our example is www.000webhost.com).
- In the example we can choose to set up a domain name or a subdomain. Choose your own domain name.
- Take note of the DNS names of the hosting service (something like ns01.000webhost.com and ns02.000webhost.com).
- Go to the free domain service provider and register your domain. Our example provide will be www.dot.tk so your domain must be www.yourdomain.tk (ending in .tk).
- When getting into the configuration set the DNSs to the ones indicated by your hosting service provider (something like ns01.000webhost.com and ns02.000webhost.com).
- Wait 30 minutes to have the service set up and running.
Finally, create your own web page with your name, a picture, etc.)