Joomla! users and articles
This exercise will help you to get started with Joomla!
You just need to have a fresh Joomla! installation running in your server.
For this exercise you need to do GROUPS OF 3 PEOPLE.
Better if you change language of the admin backend to English in:
- Extensions -> Language Manager -> Administrator
SECTIONS & CATEGORIES[modifica]
- Create 1 section (site) with (at least) 2 categories, for example, cars and vans. For that, use:
- Content -> Section Manager
- Content -> Category Manager
- Add the 2 categories to the "Main Menu" with:
- Menus -> Main Menu -> New
- Internal link -> Articles -> Category List Layout
- (Blog format is nicer than List but doesn't allow to create content)
- Select the category
- Enable the upload of images granting 777 permissions to the folder "images/stories".
- Create 1 article in one of the categories and upload a photo to test it with:
- Content -> Article Manager -> Add
- Put the category to your article and put it in the front page.
Create 4 users in you Joomla! with the following rights and language: (username,password)
- Sanvi (sanvi,sanvi): publisher, english
- Barcelona (barcelona,barcelona): publisher, catalan
- Girona (girona,girona): author, catalan
- Lleida (lleida,lleida): author, catalan
- Tarragona (tarragona,tarragona): author, english
- Enable the login box in the frontend (v.1.5) in:
- Extensions -> Module Manager -> Add -> Login
- If you want to disable account activation by email (for example, your server doesn't have email service) you can do it in:
- (v.1.5) Site -> Global Configuration -> System -> User Settings -> New User Account Activation (set it to "NO").
- (v.1.6) Users -> User Manager -> Options -> New User Accout Activation (set it to "None").
- Create a new user registering from the site's frontend.
- Give it author rights with administrator (backend).
- Test it creating an article (you have to publish it with the administrator).
- Create a new user (frontend) in YOUR FRIENDS' JOOMLA! INSTALLATION (remember you have at least 2 friends).
- Ask your friend to give you Author rights in his site and create 1 article.
- Give Author rights to your friends.
WRITE AN ARTICLE IN YOUR FRIENDS' SITE[modifica]
- Create 1 article in each of your friends' site.
- Ask your friend to publish your article.
- Publish your friends' articles in your site.