Diferència entre revisions de la pàgina «Wordpress»
(Es crea la pàgina amb «Wordpress is the most known blog sofware, written in PHP. We have to distinguish two sites where we can browse information: * www.wordpress.org : scripts and the software…».)
Revisió del 21:41, 5 feb 2011
Wordpress is the most known blog sofware, written in PHP. We have to distinguish two sites where we can browse information:
- www.wordpress.org : scripts and the software to download.
- www.wordpress.com : a site to create your blog.
'Blog' means 'web log' (in catalan: bitàcora). Log="registre".
Posts and pages
The two main contents in WP are posts and pages.
By "log" we understand registering your ideas, articles, etc. in a timeline basis. So that's the essential idea of the blog: keeping track of small articles that can be categorized (classified) and reviewed by date. The article are called POSTS.
Worpress has, in addition, the possibility of building normal web pages (use to be in the navigation bar).
Wordpress has different structure depending on the skin. But generally we use to have:
- Theme image and blog title in the top.
- Navigation bar over or under the image: selector for blog (home) and pages.
- Content area in the center (blog or page).
- Sidebar widgets.
- Footer widgets (4 areas, just after 3.x versions).
There are several content that we can put in small boxes in the sidebar and footer: the widgets. The most important are:
- RSS feed: you can syndicate and embed contents (posts or news) from other websites that are updated automatically.
- Text: a text box with whatever you want. Static content.
- Calendar: appears a calender with your blog activity (if you want to put events you have to install a scheduler extension).